Local Government Services (LGS) Authority is always working to improve our services and help local governments accomplish their goals cost effectively. Consistent with those objectives, we have reviewed our own traditional paper-based service agreements and routing for approvals process.
The current process wastes time and paper, when eSignature technology, such as commonly used for real estate transactions, provides a simple, safe and easy-to-use solution. Electronic approval has been legal for more than a decade. The vendor we have selected – DocuSign – meets federal (ESIGN Act) and state (California UETA) legal requirements; and is on the California Secretary of State’s approved list of Digital Signature Certification Authorities.
- There is no application to download.
- There is no cost to participate.
- The technology is easy to use.
- Signers receive an email with easy to follow, step-by-step instructions.
- First time signers select a unique signature style.
- Industry standard encryption protects users’ signatures and document integrity.
- Technology is cloud-based, documents reside on secure servers.
- Data can be pulled down and stored locally.
- A complete audit trail is generated.
We hope that you will join us in using this cost effective, secure alternative to a paper-based process. For more information, contact Linda Babonis at email@example.com or at (650) 587-7319.